The JBC: A Jeff Buckley Community

What exactly happened during the "Last Goodbye" video shoot?

« Older   Newer »
Natalie1207
view post Posted on 26/5/2015, 23:09

Sorry, I can see that this forum is a bit... sleepy. But what the heck.

I'm really curious about what exactly it was that went so terribly wrong with the shooting of that video. It's been referred to in a few articles in a way that suggests that "everybody" knows what happened. I remember seeing a short docu-thing where someone explained that Jeff was angry about having to make the video at all, but didn't really go into details. And now I can't find that clip again.

GraceBuckley
view post Posted on 30/5/2015, 04:01

I'm afraid I don't know the answer but I'd also like to know. It's sad that the forum is so very quiet, isn't today the anniversary of Jeff's passing? I guess it's what, 18 yrs ago now... perhaps for the 20th anniversary there will be more activity?

Natalie1207
view post Posted on 30/5/2015, 22:55

It was 18 years ago yesterday. :(

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 3/10/2015, 08:40

I think Jeff was just turned off by the idea of making music videos in general. I think he preferred that people accessed his music via his album and live performances. He wasn't a fan of television, MTV, etc. and having his face plastered on them, interspersed with commercials and whatnot, wasn't something he was comfortable with. Though he did mention that he liked the concept of setting visuals to his music. He was really pleased with how the So Real video turned out.

3 replies since 26/5/2015, 23:09   324 views