The JBC: A Jeff Buckley Community

'Gary Lucas slams the Late Jeff Buckley in new book'

« Older   Newer »
Costume Gold
view post Posted on 31/10/2013, 10:15

Edited by Endless Night - 16/11/2015, 23:01

my pillow the kiss
view post Posted on 4/11/2013, 21:36

Pretty sad. I think Gary might have come on a bit too strong, this reminds me of a singing teacher I had who had planned out my whole singing career for me. Jeff was young, plenty of opportunities. Imagine how sad it would've been if Gods and Monsters had continued, I imagine Jeff would have died of stifled boredom instead.

dream sister
view post Posted on 6/11/2013, 22:42

In my opinion you should first the book before saying or quoting anything.

Its so easy to talk about someone or something without knowing, seeing, hearing, reading what else ...

I remember when I was young, about 10 or 11, at school, I gave my opinion on a movie I haven't watched and when the other kids asked me if I had I felt so bad, I wanted to disappear because with the sincerity of kids they charged me "how can you speak about something you haven't experienced". this was a great lesson.

so its your right to like or not Gary but please be honest with yourself.

Ok ?

I'm ready to discuss about the book after we all have read it but are we able to be neutral, only about the story ?

Our problem is that WE THINK THAT .... We are not in others mind and are not allowed to interprete.

Let just the thing be ! He needed to write what he lived because music journalists wrote ever and ever nonsense, believing they knew what happened.

dream sister
view post Posted on 7/11/2013, 10:08

nobody knows what Jeff and Gary lived inside themselves. I'm no longer commenting was Jeff thought or made, I wasn't him so I'm not Gary too. These are just comments and OUR opinions. Aren't these ?

with respect YFISN

I love the cover with two smiling faces, first time you see Jeff smiling on a book cover and this gives the mood for me.

I will see him performing this evening in Paris and receive my signed book with pleasure. I discussed several times with Gary as I'm going to every gig in Paris since years. He misses Jeff truly.

dream sister
view post Posted on 8/11/2013, 00:12

why your last year ?

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 8/11/2013, 09:37

Gary Lucas is a very jealous, petty man. I can't say I'm very surprised by his negative remarks about Jeff. It's astonishing that he'd even let Jeff use Mojo Pin and Grace, on his album; considering how attention starved he (Gary) is. Naturally, most people will think those songs are Jeff's (in many ways they are). You'd think this would drive Gary nuts (not receiving full credit for his creations)...Anyway, nobody cares about Gary Lucas, as an artist. He has a right to be a jerk and to give himself tongue baths. I'd just ignore what he has to say about anything. His going to Yale probably has a lot to do with his snotty, elitist disposition -- though he was probably always a big deal, in his own eyes. I can't take a guy with hair like Krusty The Clown seriously. You're a talented guitarist, Gary -- it's too bad that you're such a sour human being -- and that has probably held you back from achieving your musical dream. Jeff was smart to get of Gods And Monsters, quickly. It was the best thing he could do to free himself and his ideas from being stalemated -- so as not to overshadow Gary's superior genius.

Sorry for the late replies recently. I've just been caught up in the circus show that is Toronto's mayor, Rob Ford. Surely you've heard about him. He's headline news, globally. I hope you don't decide to leave this forum, for good. Sometimes, like yourself, I feel lazy to reply, or just don't have much to say. I think we should still keep this forum going, and takes breaks if we need to. We don't need to talk everyday. Sometimes there's just not much to talk about.

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 8/11/2013, 10:08

Even though Jeff is making a dorky face in this photo, Gary looks like the bigger dork, just by virtue of his rapist hair style.

[IMG][/IMG]

Layla2
view post Posted on 20/11/2013, 00:40

Sorry about gate crashing this thread guys and totally changing the subject i couldn't find the 'new topic' button and only gave me the option to create a poll. I was just curious and thought this would be the best place to ask as the official site seems to be dead now, my account got deleted and they don't seem to be accepting members anymore. Does anyone know what has happened to Mary? she used to update the official site quite often with newsletters and also get involved with tribute gigs but she seems to have gone pretty quiet this past year. Is she still busy with this biopic bullshit? which brings me to ask what happened to this 'mystery white boy' movie with reeve carney?

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 20/11/2013, 06:08

Those are some good questions. I've also noticed that Mary seems to have disappeared. Who knows what is going on with the official biopic? I really don't care about that; but I would like to get an explanation as to why she has never followed through with some of her promises -- such as the downloading of shows and songs on the official website. She's never answered any of my several emails either. I wouldn't be surprised if she's just tired of her duties and can't be bothered updating the site anymore. I wish she would call it quits and let one of Jeff's friends take over her responsibilities.

Layla2
view post Posted on 20/11/2013, 10:13

I don't care for the biopic either but has you have said she has made so many promises to jeff fans and has never had the intention of keeping them. I hopes its not the case that she has made her fortune and is now no longer interested in keeping her sons legacy alive! i don't know whether i was too harsh then but sometimes i have that feeling.

dream sister
view post Posted on 20/11/2013, 14:02

Layla2, as TV wrote it, yes she promised and promised and nothing never came ... only remakes of remakes. Its just strange because this forum was a very good one during years and as soon as the "official" came, everything disappeared and crushed down here and there. So many links I couldn't find anymore, I think on an italian one with a lot of press (fortunately I studied italian so I could read these) from which I printed quite 70%. I found it strange. Now even the "official" is quite "dead". Sony Paris has moved in Paris centre, and by walking I found them, funny they are now close to home. I even as I walked before met the guy who received me in 2007 for the tribute, we talked together during his cigarette pause, outside, about Jeff and other people, Dylan etc.... they maked a lot of money in 2009 but since there's nothing. He also has no news from Mary G. Is she resting and realizing she has to let the things or .... he spoke about the 2 movies, not the "official" one, the Greetings and the other in Australia from Jeff Apter's "A Pure Drop". In France Greetings will not be screened but immediately sold as DVD. These are the news from France.

I had a dream this night. I had in my hands some special stuff, not a DVD, not a CD, something I never saw before. 4 songs of Jeff, new songs. I remember one sounded in the way "Jewel Box" and "Morning Theft", melodious, serene and acoustic, with his beautiful voice he had again, quite pure as the beginning at Sin'E, but a bit more mature. I remember that after listening I asked myself how could I convert these "otherwordly" tapes into an "earthly" format ?. Was this a message from beyond of Jeff that something new will surface soon ? I don't know but when I remembered it this morning I smiled.

Layla2
view post Posted on 21/11/2013, 13:36

Yes it's kinda sad that this forum isn't as popular as it used to be same for the official website. I hope your dream comes true Dreamsister and soon. I'm craving new material but i don't want anymore of these compilations that mary keeps releasing either, same material but in different order. I'm sure Jeff made other recordings good enough for release!

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 10/2/2014, 22:43

Send Gary a message on Facebook or YouTube. Let him know how you feel. He went to Yale, so that should tell you a lot about him. He's an elitist twit.

Jeff wasn't entirely open. His New Year's Eve Prayer poem described right wingers as being, "narrow-minded." Holding different beliefs than oneself isn't equivalent to having a narrow mind.

12 replies since 31/10/2013, 10:15   1445 views