Favorite Jeff Vocal Moments?

« Older   Newer »
Squeakor
view post Posted on 20/9/2013, 02:29

:T-T:

Edited by Endless Night - 16/11/2015, 23:06

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 21/9/2013, 23:54

I've always loved that version of That's All I Ask. Mojo Pin at Glastonbury is easily one of his best vocal performances -- live or studio.

Which concert is that version of Kangaroo from?

dream sister
view post Posted on 23/9/2013, 23:29

Yes I'm also interested in that KangaRoo. Do you have the whole song perhaps and the link for downloading ?
thanks

dream sister
view post Posted on 25/9/2013, 19:29

Oh I have it, yes as you write its a common one. Its just that I didn't remembered that special "KangaRoo". Thanks to give the desire to listen to this again carefully.

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 26/9/2013, 21:21

Pretty decent version of Dream Brother. The Bataclan version is probably my favourite -- along with the Metro one (I really love that version, but the quality of sound sucks). There are two versions from The Bataclan, but this one is amazing: http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/The+Gr...+3+Of+5/3126348
The climax is perfectly executed. Jeff's guitar sounds like a wildcat growling at 4:17-18. It's so difficult for me to execute that part well when I play it because my strings are too stiff. I guess if I had a toploader, I would have more flexibility? When you play that note, do you do it on an upstrum or down?

I was waiting for that F#5 in the Kangaroo clip, but no F# ever came, no F# ever came.

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 30/9/2013, 21:55

Yep, the sound from The Bataclan is arguably the best I've heard from Jeff's live material.

I'm convinced his strings were slinkier than mine. You'd need gorilla hands to bend that note with a string through Tele.

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 6/10/2013, 08:21

I've used something similar before. I think I have arthritis. My fingers get extremely sore when they're bent for a while, ex. when I'm watering the garden. I wonder if that affects my speed and strength...

6 replies since 20/9/2013, 02:29   309 views