The JBC: A Jeff Buckley Community

UNCUT Issue July 2013

« Older   Newer »
ellafan
view post Posted on 18/6/2013, 11:45

I have this magazine! Shall I post it? It's different from what's in the link.

dream sister
view post Posted on 18/6/2013, 19:56

yes

ellafan
view post Posted on 18/6/2013, 21:36

Scans!

Oops, hadn't realised that they'd show up so big! Should've done the preview. There should be 11 pages if they're slow to load.

dream sister
view post Posted on 19/6/2013, 11:05

this is the June issue ! I have it too.
the link above concerns July ...; with Bruce Springsteen on cover
I ordered on ebay, will post it when it arrives

ellafan
view post Posted on 19/6/2013, 11:35

QUOTE (dream sister @ 19/6/2013, 12:05) 
this is the June issue ! I have it too.
the link above concerns July ...; with Bruce Springsteen on cover
I ordered on ebay, will post it when it arrives

Does it? It says in the link "the cover story focuses on Jeff Buckley" which was June's, so I think I was a bit confused! Oh well, at least they haven't been posted before.
Thanks!

QUOTE (YourFishIsSoNice @ 19/6/2013, 09:17) 
Beautiful scans! Thanks so much for taking the time to share them. icon1

You're welcome!

dream sister
view post Posted on 19/6/2013, 13:18

his first interview, thanks UNCUT
Jeff Buckley, the new Uncut, and his first UK interview… - Uncut.co.uk
The new issue of Uncut arrives in UK shops on Thursday, though perhaps a few subscribers, with a prevailing wind, might have already received their copies.

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 19/6/2013, 20:57

Thanks for that. Nice high quality photos.

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 19/6/2013, 22:05

The WFMU tapes sound pretty intriguing. I wonder if they actually will be released?

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 27/6/2013, 08:03

I just wrote a lengthy response and closed the window by accident. So I'll begin again.

Look at you -- you're practically a celebrity now. I don't recall this video. Do you still have it? Someone posted a video of Chris Dowd performing a tribute song to Jeff, I think, a few years ago. I thought his voice and the song were pretty awful though.

This is the longest break between releases we've experienced. Grace Around the World came out 4 years ago. I can't help but think that next year's inevitable release will pertain solely to Grace. I hope we get something more than the same song and some unheard studio takes. I would really like to hear the remainder of the 4 tracks. Sky Blue Skin is the most notorious of them all. Can it really be more beautiful than You And I (Guitar Version)? That, to me, is the best of the bunch. I wonder how the songs sound (The Morning After, Open Up And Bleed, Dendrils of Death, Don't Listen To Anyone But Me, Pleasure Seeker)? I wonder if they weren't included on Sketches because their audio quality is so low or if they're just not as interesting of focused as the others? Maybe they were intentionally put aside because they were so good that they warranted a separate release? Hopefully we'll find out soon.

I wonder what Mary does all day? How could she have not found the time to follow through on her downloading option on the official website? What does being the head of Jeff's estate entail? Does she even have the drive to have this responsibility? I wonder if this is just her way to keep Jeff close to her? It's so frustrating not being able to get any answers. She's so reclusive. I wish Mick and Michael would take over. Mick was a really nice guy, the couple of times we spoke. I know they would be honoured to represent Jeff and would most likely be more engaged with his fans than Mary is. I've written such heart felt messages to Mary and never got a response. Some of the questions she has responded to on the site on so cliché and banal. It's frustrating to not get some more pressing issues addressed. We should group together, Kathy Bates style, a la Misery (1990), and force Columbia to start pumping out the remaining crumbs or we'll threaten to bash their legs in.

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 28/6/2013, 06:54

taxi cab sessions grace epk

Thanks for that. Chris was definitely wasted out of his mind. When and where was this concert? The funny thing is, What Will You Say is one of my favourite songs from Jeff's repertoire, but lyrically it isn't applicable to my life at all. I guess I just love the instrumentation and building energy of it.

Can you give an example of her commenting on our (the fans) speculation? She really is a hermit when it comes to the fans. I know there isn't much to talk about, but the website gets updated now like two or three times a year, with trivial news. I successfully killed the JBIN (I assume). It was getting to the point where we were getting updates about C list celebrities having Grace spelled out in their morning bowl of Alpha-Bits. Re the next official release -- maybe we'll finally get to hear the taxi cab sessions from the beginning of the Grace EPK? Some audio of Jeff cracking his knuckles and warming up his hands would also be nice. I think she's too old and tired to really be engaged. She's in her mid 60s now. You'd think she'd just want to retire and enjoy the rest of her life. I really hope Jeff isn't Hendrixized. It's not necessary to release things over 5 decades in order to reach newer generations. Like you said, we want to hear what is left before we're dead or too old to care anymore. I really hope the next release is something special and not quickly thrown together at the last minute. Give us something substantial, please. There's so much footage out there that Sony can easily get the rights to. There are at least a handful of professionally shot gigs that could be released. Next year would be perfect for a proper, remastered release of Grace NPA. That is just an obvious performance that needs to come out. Something tells me it will be released in the next package. Even television interviews and more of Mick's home videos from the road would be great to see. I wish we could have access to the vaults and decide what comes out next and choose the artwork. We'd definitely give the fans something they couldn't complain about. We'd make a great team.

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 29/6/2013, 06:11

It's been so long since I listened to/watched those interviews, I guess I forgot about that. Well that's reassuring. We might have to wait up to 3 more decades to hear those demos. I guess Forget Her wasn't personal enough to keep in the vaults -- even though he was adamant he didn't want to have it released. You can see where Jeff's contradictory personality came from. You're right, they wouldn't likely be released as a CD, unless there is something more substantial and polished to go along with them. Who else do you think has access to the vaults? Someone obviously leaked All Flowers In Time. That might have prompted extra security for the remaining tapes/songs. If anyone had any intention of releasing Sky Blue Skin, I think it would have made its way to the public by now. What would be holding someone back all this time?

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 1/7/2013, 09:46

"I dunno. Leaks are unpredictable" In more ways than one.

Do you suppose Mojo Pin & What Will You Say were purposely held off Grace Around The World so that they and perhaps the rest of the gig could be released at a different time -- or do you think it was just a money/copyright issue that prevented them from being part of that package? I should speak to the head of the Glastonbury Festival again. Maybe it would be possible to raise the money for the full gig (if it exists on film), or at least Mojo Pin and What Will You Say, via an Indiegogo fundraiser? The problem would be getting the word out and the lack of fanfare.

I believe, All Flowers In Time, was recorded in England. You're right -- it probably was leaked by some limey.

Btw, I think my Quad is slowly dying. A while ago, one of the display panels burnt out, and recently a second did.

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 3/7/2013, 21:48

Good idea about Bradolf Pitler. I wonder if he's heard any of the sealed tapes?

Well, it still works -- so until it dies -- I'll continue to play it and then see what I'll do. Does Alesis make pacemakers for their units? If not, I'll have to take my Quad into a hospital, in the future, and ask if it can be put on life support.

Didn't your Quad die like a year ago? I wish on could play my acoustic, but the action is so ridiculously high (it's never been adjusted in 15 years). And I hate dealing with guitar shops.

dream sister
view post Posted on 4/7/2013, 10:46

I read somewhere that guys from Sony to Memphis as soon they heard Jeff was missing and took all they could found (tapes, notes, and so on ....).

20 replies since 14/6/2013, 20:02   779 views