The JBC: A Jeff Buckley Community

Favorite Picture of Jeff?

« Older   Newer »
imnothingman
view post Posted on 8/2/2010, 18:23

nice one TV! you got any more info on that last pic? the two other people look like siblings to me.

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 9/2/2010, 01:34

QUOTE (imnothingman @ 8/2/2010, 18:23)
nice one TV! you got any more info on that last pic? the two other people look like siblings to me.

I found them on Jeff's facebook page. They aren't siblings. Jeff only had a half brother.

imnothingman
view post Posted on 9/2/2010, 16:15

ok, thanks.

yes, i know Jeff only had a half brother, i was only suggesting that the two other people on the picture looked like siblings, not Jeff.

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 15/2/2010, 07:32

samanthajoy
view post Posted on 26/2/2010, 13:21

okay this is literally making me go crazy, and i think you guys will too!
HE LOOKS SO WEIRD WITH A MO!

It won't let me post the video link to the above picture, but look up 'jeff buckley new zealand interview' on youtube to see more. I've literally watched it over and over about nine thousand times...

dream sister
view post Posted on 16/3/2010, 10:52

JBTV 1995

signing gracefully 1995

another one with the chocolate suit 1994

1993 with Mick

regarding the watch and the hair cut its earlier, perhaps 1992

dream sister
view post Posted on 16/3/2010, 13:32

Seems to be the same shirt, in fact, its earlier than 1992 if Jeff wore his long hair, but we cannot see it on the picture, maybe

but in this case it's from the time of his "reggae" I have some information about that time but just dont find it now.

dream sister
view post Posted on 16/3/2010, 16:36

QUOTE (dream sister @ 16/3/2010, 13:32)
Seems to be the same shirt, in fact, its earlier than 1992 if Jeff wore his long hair, but we cannot see it on the picture, maybe

when Jeff is laughing is from following time:

"The Wild Blue Yonder
I was trying to have a career as a bass player, but I'd been writing tunes all along. In 1987 and 1988 I started to write for a band I'd front myself, as the previous couple of bands I'd tried to put together always fell prey to the whims of singers. What came out surprised me as much as anybody. I'd always been a fan of roots music, but the 'twang' caught me off guard. I decided to go with it because it felt so comfortable and the songs were just flowing. Jeff Buckley was living with me at the time (September of 1987 through spring of '88). He was great to bounce tunes off. I'd met Jeff at Musicians Institute where I had previously taught bass. He had finished school and was concentrating on studying music on his own. I was 10 years older than Jeff.

Late in 1988 I recorded the first demo at Arnold Mitchem's 4 track studio in Sylmar with Jeff on some guitar (solo on The 'L' Word) and back up vocals (I had to talk him into singing!), Keith Wyatt on the rest of the lead guitar, myself on bass, rhythm guitar, and vocals and a drum machine. In late 1988 Jeff signed on to play guitar in the band and we started rehearsing with Danny Carey on drums (I met Dan while we were both working for a Hollywood audio/video company called Ametron) but by mid 1989 Jeff decided he needed to work on his own thing. Jeff stayed on until we could find another guitar player.

(Jeff finished the first demo of his own music in the summer of 1990- the 'Babylon Dundgeon' tapes. I was floored. I hope you get to hear them someday. The guitar solo on Eternal Life is amazing.)

Jeff went on to record and tour 'Grace' before tragedy struck."

in www.johnhumphrey.com/lowfi_yonder.html

there are also different pics of Jeff with the band and alone.

Elo2
view post Posted on 24/4/2010, 15:56

QUOTE (YourFishIsSoNice @ 22/4/2010, 11:11)
Once upon a time I worked in the music biz. I was involved in Radio promotion and A&R at some very well known music labels.

While there I found a fun side of musicians that I'm sure most people never see. I gave them an art book with some crayons & found the other artist in them!

A few of these remarkable people have already passed away. I found Jeff Buckley's drawing to be quite profound due to his untimely and accidental passing.

www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-435113

(IMG:http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7218/123123123xc.jpg)

Thanks for this :)

Here is what I have:

www.flickr.com/photos/mysterywhiteelo/

I also like these:

with Matt

with Linda McCartney

Edited by Elo2 - 24/4/2010, 17:13

Elo2
view post Posted on 26/4/2010, 21:51

Yes indeed, they really look like brothers
I love this thread so here are new pics ^^

age 3, so cute

Elo2
view post Posted on 29/4/2010, 20:18

just found it

dream sister
view post Posted on 30/4/2010, 14:32

QUOTE (Elo2 @ 29/4/2010, 21:18)

love this one from Merri's book.

Elo2
view post Posted on 30/4/2010, 15:45

talking about Merri Cyr, here is what she's just downloaded on her facebook page:

576 replies since 8/8/2009, 05:56   62755 views