The JBC: A Jeff Buckley Community

Favorite Picture of Jeff?

« Older   Newer »
Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 13/2/2011, 23:48

You can translate the page into English. Just type 4images into google and click the translate tab next to the link.

Are there any other, not foreign sites we could upload onto?

view post Posted on 14/2/2011, 09:03

I've not come across any, what's photobucket like for uploading pictures into folders and stuff?

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 14/2/2011, 09:28

Photobucket compresses photos.

Dream Sister 04
view post Posted on 14/2/2011, 20:09

Hiiiiiiiiii

my computer crashed
too much work with my decoration studies

but here I am again
I had to get a new password .....
exhausted by the tons of work and not enough sleep and rest

but found everytime enough time to watch your wonderful new pics
thanks TV, YFISN and the new members ....

I can help you for the german as I'm speaking fluently german
I have also a great collection of magazines and press articles since the first Billboard when Jeff signed by Columbia. It's just that the pics are not necessary from the same year of the articles or without text or mistakes in writing but I think at 80% we could follow Jeff between the big numbers of pics taken here and there. Some details are also giving informations: his old and new watch, the necklace and sure the length of his hair. Regarding his figure, exhausted at Eurockeennes but wonderful in Correggio, very charming end august for the australian tour .... I think that he had a great recovering capacity regarding the excesses of his touring life between no sleep, bad food, alcohol and other distractions.

So if I can help you don't hesitate.

I'm really so happy to be able to write again on this board. You are not the last of the Mohicans no longer.

We are 14th february St Valentine and I'm listening to the C'est What 14th february show. He just said "it's Valentine's day ...."

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 14/2/2011, 22:45

I don't know. I think Flickr might compress photos as well. I've never used it.

omeomy
view post Posted on 18/2/2011, 19:57

(Sorry for the late response)
I totally love the idea of finding some sort of reliable "archival site" to store / collect / protect / save all of these amazing photos of Jeff! I'd love to fill that puppy up!! :D I'll do a bit of research... anyone else have any sites in mind?

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 18/2/2011, 22:30

Michael Tighe's hair looks brutal. He must bathe in vats of grease. Matt Johnson is looking the best out of the remaining band members.

view post Posted on 18/2/2011, 23:16

QUOTE (omeomy @ 18/2/2011, 19:57) 
(Sorry for the late response)
I totally love the idea of finding some sort of reliable "archival site" to store / collect / protect / save all of these amazing photos of Jeff! I'd love to fill that puppy up!! :D I'll do a bit of research... anyone else have any sites in mind?

I still think we need one in the same style as 4images, but no idea what site is free which is like that..

view post Posted on 19/2/2011, 15:21

I don't even know what to look for, 'image hosting' just brings up sites like photobucket, imageshack, tinypic, etc..

which isn't good!

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 19/2/2011, 19:06

Try Googling non compressed image hosting.

omeomy
view post Posted on 21/2/2011, 05:32

Unfortunately, from what I hear (accuracy ?), the problem with making a page like this is almost all tied-up in legal issues! There are many sites that offer free image hosting / webspace, but not getting shutdown by the "copyright police" is another story. I think it's sad that anyone would be greedy enough to close a non-profit site dedicated to the memory of someone that's passed... how would you like that job?
I'm not sure exactly how "factual" this is, I just found it on a few different sites.

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 21/2/2011, 06:24

You should see how anal Wikipedia is about posting pictures. You need the photographer's written consent. As if photographers are even going to visit Wikipedia and stumble upon one of their photos that was used without their permission. Who cares anyways? At least people get to see and admire there work. What good is it to hang onto photos that will never see the light of day? I wish Merry Cyr would release more photos to the public. She probably has hundreds of unseen photos of Jeff.

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 25/2/2011, 21:35

Jeff could have used some Botox in his lips.

Dream Sister 04
view post Posted on 25/2/2011, 23:38

QUOTE (YourFishIsSoNice @ 25/2/2011, 15:39) 

Gorgeous, especially the second one. What a good quality you find there !

576 replies since 8/8/2009, 05:56   62778 views