The JBC: A Jeff Buckley Community

Favorite Picture of Jeff?

« Older   Newer »
Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 3/10/2010, 21:27

QUOTE (YourFishIsSoNice @ 3/10/2010, 11:23)
Great shots! Jeff & his Talman are like an enigma. Seems like that guitar became his main instrument during the later years.

QUOTE (Tequila Vampire @ 1/10/2010, 22:53)
Merri accepted.

Yeah, I know. Dulcimer and Tabla as well. And I forget the name of the instrument he played on that Chrissy Hynde track. It's mentioned in Dream Brother. I've tried updating that section a million times, even with references given and some a-hole keep reverting back to guitar and vocals. I even tried to update his notable instruments section by adding his Les Paul and Rickenbacker to the list, completely referenced, but once again shut down by the anal plugs that rule that site. I love how vague his 'genres' section is. Alternative rock, folk. Yep, that sums up his music alright. His music is exclusively electric so where does folk fit into the picture? "I guess it's understandable why it's misconstrued that I'm a folk guy, because people who play in small places with one guitar usually are. But that shit's dead."

Exactly! There are a bunch of morons monitoring that page. I hope you give it the giant kick in the ass that it needs. Congrats, by the way. Merri is a sweetheart.

If there's anything that you lost in the crash that I might have, just let me know.

I lost everything. I must have had at least a couple hundred pics or Jeff, if not more. I'm trying to figure out which pics I should use. I want to span his whole career and so far I only have Merri's permission. I need some Sin-é shots as well the concert tours she was apart of. I think that was only in '94 and early '95 maybe. I'm going to try to add an 'Equipment' section to Jeff's page. Can you think of all the instruments Jeff played? All I can think of are: guitar, dobros, mandolin, bass, dulcimer, harmonium, organ, tabla. There was an instrument he played on a Chrissy Hynde track that is mentioned in Dream Brother but I can't remember the name or page number of the reference.

I already have those pics. Thanks for the info Wemissyou. I guess it will be impossible to use that pic since I don't know who snapped the photo. Unless someone wanted to pose as the photographer and give me false permission, lol.

Is Jeff wearing leather or silk pants in those Sydney shots?

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 17/10/2010, 00:42

wemissyou
view post Posted on 18/10/2010, 17:28

here's the story behind that last shot, and some more pictures from that same session:

Who or what is the ideal subject matter? What conditions and elements make for a perfect photo shoot?
Anyone that feels comfortable with me. The best pictures are the result of collaboration. You’re not going to get a great picture of somebody that doesn’t want you to get one. I photographed Jeff Buckley once. It was in the Sony offices in NYC—a sterile room. It was raining. He didn’t want to be there—nor did he want to know me—until I suggested we do the ‘ugly session.’ We tried to make him look ugly. On some of the shots, Jeff stuck jelly beans over a couple of teeth and flattened his hair tightly to his head. I hung him on a coat hanger and he pulled some faces. I got in real close with a wide-angle lens to distort his features. He looked great in every photo I’d seen of him—he was obviously so bored with the soul-destroying rigors of endless promotion and posing for cameras. We had fun. He was really into trying to look rough.

(whole interview: http://larecord.com/interviews/2008/01/18/...ick-up-the-arse

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 28/10/2010, 21:39

Where'd you find the last pic? I always loved that paisley top.

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 6/11/2010, 20:41

"I needed therapy directly after I'd touched Dylan". Jeff molested Bob Dylan or Luke Perry from 90210?

blg
view post Posted on 6/11/2010, 21:42

^ ^ I found that article on flickr, but it's not whole story. If someone has rest of the interview please post it.

Lilacmojo
view post Posted on 12/11/2010, 01:00

I too would love to read the rest of that article! I have another one from Uncut mag which I will post soon.

Does anybody have the pic of Jeff in Tompkins sq. park sitting on the fountain/statue? Please post!

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 22/11/2010, 22:32

Dream Sister 04
view post Posted on 23/11/2010, 00:35

"Sefronia" and probably one of the last two known appareances in NYC in 1997 before leaving. Beautiful TW, nice found. what is the source of this one ? amazing good quality regarding the pic itself and Jeff seems feeling and being well.

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 23/11/2010, 03:49

QUOTE (Dream Sister 04 @ 22/11/2010, 18:35) 
"Sefronia" and probably one of the last two known appareances in NYC in 1997 before leaving. Beautiful TW, nice found. what is the source of this one ? amazing good quality regarding the pic itself and Jeff seems feeling and being well.

http://jeffbuckleyforever.tumblr.com/

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 9/12/2010, 02:48

Here's a clearer copy of the first pic you posted. Rebecca Moore took it on top of their apartment in '92.

Where'd you get the other two pics from?

Anyone know who the blonde chick is in the last pic? If I were Jeff I would have went for her over Rebecca Moore.

Dream Sister 04
view post Posted on 15/12/2010, 11:10

New York

both Toronto 1994

576 replies since 8/8/2009, 05:56   62804 views