The JBC: A Jeff Buckley Community

Favorite Picture of Jeff?

« Older   Newer »
Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 10/9/2010, 05:30

dream sister
view post Posted on 13/9/2010, 22:20

a happy Jeff TW

Here a new one, just arriving from a 400 g clippings worldwide Ebay bid from a german guy.

Jeff and his irresistible smile

as my scan don't work for the moment, I shot all the pics and took some different sizes, couldn't resist

and these three

and before leaving some pics from London end of august, Jeff connection

we were just at 3 tube stations of Sheperds Bush so

coming back in the tube some butterflies (only) at the Sheperds Bush station, was the only time we saw them .....

on the same line was also some sweet remembering of "Hallelujah" ....

see you
DS

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 29/9/2010, 21:08

I just emailed Merri Cyr about using some of her photos of Jeff in his Wikipedia page. Any suggestions which one's I should use?

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 29/9/2010, 22:03

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 30/9/2010, 02:43

imageimage

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 1/10/2010, 00:51

Sardonyx
view post Posted on 1/10/2010, 05:35

I just emailed Merri Cyr about using some of her photos of Jeff in his Wikipedia page. Any suggestions which one's I should use?

Thought of doing that myself a while ago. I trust your judgment, but here's a pic I like:

Jeff6B

It's a bit nondescript, but it shows him in his element.

dream sister
view post Posted on 1/10/2010, 19:29

I googled and find some wonderful GETTY IMAGES

each pic can be bought

just have a look

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 1/10/2010, 21:53

QUOTE (Sardonyx @ 1/10/2010, 00:35)

Thought of doing that myself a while ago. I trust your judgment, but here's a pic I like:

It's a bit nondescript, but it shows him in his element.

That's a good shot. I'd like to use some shots of the band too though. My computer recently crashed so I've lost all my photos. I want to add photos spanning his career. Even as far back as Group Therapy, possibly. I just hate how anal the Wikipedia masters are. Does it really matter if I have the photographer's permission? These photos are already scattered all over the internets. It's not like they're going to waltz into Jeff's Wiki page and notice that someone has uploaded their photos of Jeff. I've been looking to track down Carla Gahr, daughter of the late David Gahr (photographer that took the picture of Jeff on the cover of Dream Brother, among others. I want to get a large copy of that picture but her website is down.

QUOTE (YourFishIsSoNice @ 1/10/2010, 10:39)
Hot stuff, peeps. Keep em coming. image

QUOTE (Tequila Vampire @ 29/9/2010, 22:08)

Good luck. I hope she comes through. I tried editing the list of instruments Jeff played on wiki once and some jackass kept on changing it back to just "vocals and guitar". Bloody annoying. The guy is on record playing, bass, harmonium, harmonica, esraj, drums & mandolin.

Merri accepted.

Yeah, I know. Dulcimer and Tabla as well. And I forget the name of the instrument he played on that Chrissy Hynde track. It's mentioned in Dream Brother. I've tried updating that section a million times, even with references given and some a-hole keep reverting back to guitar and vocals. I even tried to update his notable instruments section by adding his Les Paul and Rickenbacker to the list, completely referenced, but once again shut down by the anal plugs that rule that site. I love how vague his 'genres' section is. Alternative rock, folk. Yep, that sums up his music alright. His music is exclusively electric so where does folk fit into the picture? "I guess it's understandable why it's misconstrued that I'm a folk guy, because people who play in small places with one guitar usually are. But that shit's dead."

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 3/10/2010, 08:03

Anyone know who took this photo of Jeff in Sydney in '96? I'd like to get the permission to use it on Jeff's Wikipedia page. Any help would be great.

wemissyou
view post Posted on 3/10/2010, 08:45

i received that last picture along with a couple of others from the same gig (Enmore Theatre, Sydney February 1996 i believe) a long time ago as photoprints from someone on JBEL (mailing list). i scanned them and made them available here.

i can't remember the name of this person, sorry!

here's another one i found at the official site:

these are the photoprints i received:

these are other pictures i have found from the same concert:

576 replies since 8/8/2009, 05:56   62755 views