« Older   Newer »
blg
view post Posted on 26/2/2011, 10:13

[IMG]image[/IMG]

[IMG]Image Hosting[/IMG]

[IMG]Image Hosting[/IMG]

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 1/3/2011, 05:56

Thanks for that. What an ugly bastard. That photo can almost turn me gay. One of his best for sure. I think this photo probably captures his emotion best. His eyes look very sad and innocent. Whenever I look at this picture I just want to give him a hug. He looks so pensive and child like. He had a perfect face.

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 1/3/2011, 06:39

I've been trying to contact Carla Gahr (daughter of the late David Gahr) who took that photo, about the prospect of using that pic on Jeff's Wikipedia page but unfortunately can't find any contact info for her. She used to have a photography website, but it's been down for a few months.

Dream Sister 04
view post Posted on 1/3/2011, 21:55

the lyrics are coming from a french girl who met Jeff at the Bataclan, spoke with him and he gave her a free entry for both Olympia nights. I must have somewhere the full text.

QUOTE (YourFishIsSoNice @ 18/2/2011, 13:59) 
This is Mick Grondahl on the bass:
(IMG:http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6969/hardrock1.jpg)(IMG:http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4910/mickgrondahl.jpg)image

omg a pic of the Tribute I organized in 2008 with Mick and Gary. Mick is looking at Jeff (Jeff was on every screen in the Hard Rock Cafe)
nice moment ! would like to know what he thought at that moment, was he perhaps in otherwordly communication with his friend, who knows !

Parker Kindred can't lose:
(IMG:http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1301/29...8410d7d25b0.jpg)(IMG:http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/1049/29...7a89d52f9a2.jpg)(IMG:http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2250/30...0251477de6f.jpg)

saw Parker last wednesday at the JoanAsPoliceWoman gig here in Paris. After the show he literally disappears each time, no luck to have any autograph or make a shot with him. Shy or embarrased to meet all these people who for 80% are probably Jeff fans. I can understand this.

omeomy
view post Posted on 1/3/2011, 22:58

About the David Gahr photo, I totally agree with you. He has a very "sad-hearted" look in his eyes (but enough of a spark to make you wonder). You should check with some stock photography sites, they might have the original there...but, because it was used on the Hallelujah cover, the "rights" to the photo may have been sold or something. Anyhow, good luck!

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 2/3/2011, 00:06

Do you know of any stock sites to check out? Where did you get that large scan of that photo from?

I just noticed your Tumblr Icon. Where the heck do you get all of this? That's a Merri Cyr photo I can see but was never released. You're like a lost trunk of Buckley booty.

omeomy
view post Posted on 5/3/2011, 18:27

Edited by omeomy - 5/3/2011, 09:50

omeomy
view post Posted on 5/3/2011, 18:49

I don't know if I have a whole trunk of "Buckley booty" :lol:, but I've saved quite a bit! When I see Jeff pictures, or hear something of his that I've never heard before, it gives me a very surreal "good" feeling. It kind of brings him back in a comforting way. I just want to share that feeling with other fans of his! ;)

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 5/3/2011, 21:44

Your Fish, where'd you get that Grace BBC Montage? Can you link me so I can download the uncompressed version?

I know what you mean Omeomy. I feel the same way when I find something new of Jeff. It feels weird when you discover something new and realize that it's actually been around for nearly 20 years but like you said it makes you feel like he's still alive.

Dream Sister 04
view post Posted on 6/3/2011, 23:13

QUOTE (omeomy @ 5/3/2011, 18:49) 
I don't know if I have a whole trunk of "Buckley booty" :lol:, but I've saved quite a bit! When I see Jeff pictures, or hear something of his that I've never heard before, it gives me a very surreal "good" feeling. It kind of brings him back in a comforting way. I just want to share that feeling with other fans of his! ;)

Me too, I'm like a child before Xmas gifts, wondering how this could happen ! Everything new is welcome.

view post Posted on 10/3/2011, 23:58

No idea if it's been posted before, but I found this when I was looking for Sin-é CDs;

Sardonyx
view post Posted on 11/3/2011, 17:04

I haven't been able to log onto this site in months for some reason. Anyway, here's a couple of pics I like of Jeff. Does anyone have a larger photo of the second one (cover of "A Pure Drop")?

Jeff

Wish this one was larger:

Pure Drop

I also love all of Marie Jerome's black and white photos of Jeff. I wouldn't mind buying some off her if I could find a way to contact her.

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 11/3/2011, 21:56

omeomy
view post Posted on 12/3/2011, 03:16

Hello everyone! Tequila Vampire, how is "A Pure Drop?" I haven't read that one, but almost ordered it a few times. What did you think about it?
Here's a rarer shot by Merri Cyr (outtake from the Grace/banana shoot?)

576 replies since 8/8/2009, 05:56   62779 views