The JBC: A Jeff Buckley Community

Favorite Picture of Jeff?

« Older   Newer »
Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 4/2/2011, 22:40

It looked good long and short, it only looked terrible when it was black and greasy, ala MTV Europe, aus dem Südbahnhof (he looked like a native Indian in the latter gig). That hair was brutal, but that's what he was trying to go for. Also, he shaved or plucked the inner edge of his eyebrows around that time which made the look even worse. I think he looked really good looking during the Grace BBC performance/Glastonbury. I'd say he's the best looking guy I've never seen, period. Talk about a renaissance man. He had it all. I've always wanted to grow my hair out but it wouldn't suit my face. Well, I did about 7/8 years ago but it didn't look that great on me. I don't have the chiseled cheek bones or big mouth to balance it. Long hair just makes me look fat.

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 5/2/2011, 01:43

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 5/2/2011, 05:04

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 6/2/2011, 02:09

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 6/2/2011, 05:27

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 6/2/2011, 19:21

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 7/2/2011, 01:22

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 7/2/2011, 14:28

Nope. I have no idea where these pics have been hiding all these years though.

I've never seen Jeff tanned. He always looked pale. Which pics are you referring to? It's strange that in early '95 he looked pretty bad, with the black hair, then it started to look better around the Metro gig and Glastonbury, then in July (Corregio), he went back to the brutal black, greasy hair again. He even dyed his eyebrows. He was probably just really insecure about his looks as well, even though he had no reason to be. I was the same during the early 2000s. I really screwed up my looks. I used to hate my bushy, Matt Dillon eyebrows, so I would tweeze them and shave them. I've thankfully stopped since then, but they've never looked the same since. I also dyed my hair black once and I think I overdid it. My hair is now really dry and a mixture of dark and medium brown. Heck, I even cut my eyelashes, because I thought they were too long and feminine. I was such a twit.

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 8/2/2011, 00:02

Speaking of Michael Tighe, maybe he did join Tumblr. What a showboat.

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 8/2/2011, 22:06

Oh yeah, that's one of his worst pics. Speaking of us being the Last of the Mohicans, Jeff looks like Daniel Day Lewis there, kinda or some dirty mechanic. He looked horrible in the summer of '95. He practically looked anorexic during Lilac Wine from Grace Around The World. I wonder why the band lost so much weight? I guess spending all that time in Europe, they probably weren't eating as much food as the Europeans eat smaller servings, and they probably weren't getting their usual junk food intake such as Mackle Ronald's.

As for dying my hair, I'm not sure if it's due to that, but my sideburns look awful now. They're so coarse and wavy, like pubic hair, another reason I gotta keep it short. Maybe there are mini Gary Lucas' crawling around in there.

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 9/2/2011, 01:18

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 9/2/2011, 21:28

I don't really see the resemblance. That guy has too much of a pig nose. Similar mouth though.

Yeah, Jeff and I draw a lot of similarities. I eat more than anyone in my family, yet I'm the smallest one. But that's probably due to all the medication I was on growing up. It probably hindered my growth.

Haha, maybe I should just rub pork on my burns.

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 10/2/2011, 18:37

QUOTE (YourFishIsSoNice @ 10/2/2011, 10:11) 
I didn't mean exactly like Jeff. image Just the vibe. Ala your DDL reference.

What meds were you on? I can't draw any parallels to Jeff's life with mine (music especially), except maybe the father thing. But that's probably pretty common in this society, though.

(IMG:http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5075/tu...8row1qbpvlv.jpg)
(IMG:http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/8669/tu...d6pd1qdtyp9.jpg)

Elliott was probably so jealous of Jeff because he was actually a good songwriter, unlike himself. Hence Rufus Wainwright's initial disdain for Jeff.

I can't even remember the first medication I was on. I was a really quiet, exceptionally shy child. I think my parents mistook my lack of socializing as depression when I was probably just had a social phobia. I started taking meds when I was about 11 and did so for a few years. Then when I was 15 I had a seizure in my sleep. Went to the hospital in an ambulance, came home that evening, fell asleep on the couch and had another one. So I was put on tegretol as a precautionary measure. Was on that for about 3 years. Eventually was weaned off it, and the very night I took my last pill I had another seizure. So I was back on meds for about another 7/8 years. Other than having an amazingly loving family, my life has been pure feces. I've been med free now for about 3 years, and thankfully haven't had any more seizures, but I suffered from extreme dry eyes and mouth and something called 'essential tremor.' It usually just affects my hands (causes shaking), but it sometimes causes my entire body to shake involuntarily and makes my voice quiver. It really sucks because it effects every aspect of my life. It's made dating basically a no go for me. I've never even had a girlfriend before. I've always just made excuses whenever a girl has been interested in me. Hopefully I can find a remedy soon.

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 10/2/2011, 19:02

QUOTE (YourFishIsSoNice @ 10/2/2011, 10:11) 
I didn't mean exactly like Jeff. image Just the vibe. Ala your DDL reference.

What meds were you on? I can't draw any parallels to Jeff's life with mine (music especially), except maybe the father thing. But that's probably pretty common in this society, though.

(IMG:http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5075/tu...8row1qbpvlv.jpg)
(IMG:http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/8669/tu...d6pd1qdtyp9.jpg)

Elliott was probably so jealous of Jeff because he was actually a good songwriter, unlike himself. Hence Rufus Wainwright's initial disdain for Jeff.

That sucks about your father. I really feel for you. I can't imagine how hard that must be. I don't know the circumstances of your parents but all I can say is that it saddens me how quickly spouses give up on each other these days. People don't know what commitment is anymore. I think one of the biggest problems with today's society is liberal media telling people to indulge in whatever feels good. Go ahead, sleep around, just wear a condom. That's the message we're sending out to our youth. Our morals are so fucked up today. What does it say about the world when virgins are ridiculed and mocked? Was the more conservative approach to sex in the 50s really such a bad thing? At least marriages lasted in those days. It's no coincidence that divorce rates have sky rocketed to an all time high. And the ease in which you can get a divorce needs to be addressed. Instead of throwing in the towel, couples should make a stronger effort to work through their problems. I'm by no means telling people how they should live their lives, we all have free will, but leading a promiscuous existence only leads to destruction in the end. Sex is rarely about love anymore but lust and it has become an epidemic and people don't even realize that their lack of restraint is only hurting them. Rant over.

I can't even remember the first medication I was on. I was a really quiet, exceptionally shy child. I think my parents mistook my lack of socializing as depression when I probably just had a social phobia. I started taking meds when I was about 11 and did so for a few years. Then when I was 15 I had a seizure in my sleep. Went to the hospital in an ambulance, came home that evening, fell asleep on the couch and had another one. So I was put on tegretol as a precautionary measure. Was on that for about 3 years. Eventually was weaned off it, and the very night I took my last pill I had another seizure. So I was back on meds for about another 7/8 years. Other than having an amazingly loving family, my life has been pure feces. I've been med free now for about 3 years, and thankfully haven't had any more seizures, but I suffer from extreme dry eyes and mouth and something called 'essential tremor.' It usually just affects my hands (causes shaking), but it sometimes causes my entire body to shake involuntarily and makes my voice quiver. I'm basically in physical, emotional pain every waking moment. It's pretty pathetic, but the best part of my life happens when I'm asleep. I have absolutely crazy dreams. They're either very adventurous or so comically absurd. I rarely ever have a nightmare, which is great.
My pain really sucks because it effects every aspect of my life. It's made dating basically a no go for me. I've never even had a girlfriend before. I've always just made excuses whenever a girl has been interested in me. I had been talking to a girl from San Diego the past 4 years and she fell in love with me but my insecurities kept me from ever meeting her and now we don't even speak anymore. That song I'm working on, that I put up on Youtube (video with my avatar photo) is about her and my Opened Once video was also done for her as it's our favourite Buckley tune.

Edited by Tequila Vampire - 10/2/2011, 13:19

Tequila Vampire
view post Posted on 11/2/2011, 01:12

576 replies since 8/8/2009, 05:56   62741 views